Sunday 17 September 2017

The Holy Trinity

http://www.motorward.com/2014/11/gallery-laferrari-vs-mclaren-p1-vs-porsche-918/
This blog will be the first of four talking about luxury cars. In this blog I will be discussing and talking about three of the arguably most powerful hyper cars to date. They are of course the Porsche 918, the Ferrari Laferrari and the McLaren P1 often nicknamed 'The Holy Trinity'. I will briefly go over looks, power, top speed, engine, acceleration, price and then from this analysis pick my favourite out of the trio.

Firstly I'll look at the Porsche. The car has a naturally aspirated 4.6 litre engine generating a total of 610 bhp. The car has a top speed of 211mph and does 0-60 mph in 2.8 seconds. The base price for the 2015 model was around $845,000, however, the cars now are being resold for much more than $1,000,000 by private sellers. Personally, I think this car looks incredible. I also believe that most colours look very sleek on the car particularly matte finishes.

Next I'll look at the Ferrari Laferrari which has a 6.3 litre engine which generates a total of 950 horsepower. It has a top speed of 217mph and does 0-60mph in 2.6 seconds. The price for the 2016 model was about $1,400,000. I think the car looks stunning with a simple glossy signature Ferrari red paint job.

Finally I'll look at the McLaren P1. The P1 features a 3.8 litre V8 petrol engine which generates a total of 900 horsepower. It's top speed totals 217mph and it can do 0-60 mph in 2.8 seconds. The cars base price was $1,150,000 but they all sold out in 1 month. They now sell for upwards of $1,600,000. In my opinion the car looks amazing in a standard orange colour with matte black as the secondary.

Now for my conclusion. Overall I think all the cars are spectacular but there is one clear winner for me and that is the Ferrari Laferrari. This car is the winner due to its power, speed and looks. Although I've never driven any of the cars I read numerous reviews on the trio and the Laferrari comes out top on most. Thank you for reading. 

No comments:

Post a Comment